Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Friends

As Alma the younger traveled on his mission he came across the four sons of Mosiah. It states that these were the same that were with him at the time that he had seen and heard an angel, and become converted. He goes on to say that he rejoiced when he found that they were still his brethren in the gospel, and he exclaimed "and now behold my joy is full!" If you have ever had your joy full or even near to overflowing you will know that it compares to nothing and therefore lacks nothing. It was with this feeling that Alma is led to say "Oh that I were an angel", and for Ammon to proclaim that with God he can achieve anything. Like wise when Captain Helaman Called for a count of his 2000 Warriors, to find that not one was lost to battle, although many were wounded. The friends that we carry with us in this life have the greatest bearing on what the next life holds. No friends could be closer to the sons of Mosiah for me than my own brothers. They have been an inspiration in my life when no other could be found, nor even looked for. They never questioned my actions nor rebuked me for my decisions. while I was too busy trying to play the part of Laman and Lemuel together, they quietly played Nephi, Jacob, and Joseph. Though I was the eldest I must have acted as the youngest and they took the bigger part. For that I am eternally grateful, and my joy is indeed full. It has been my pleasure to sing with my brothers throughout the years, but nothing gives me more joy than that of singing with my brothers for my mother. Thanks for both the memories and the extreme example of faith and courage throughout the years.


My Brothers, My Strength, My Friends. I love you!

(left - Right) Daryl, Jared, Keith

Robert


2 comments:

  1. Well for admiring so much the brothers of thy youth, we can really tell... for you spelled Keith's name wrong. ;p and if you delete this your sister will really know how much you love... her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how deep we feel so many things that in the past didn't seem to matter. Now what matters is just being together and strengthening the ties that bind us together forever. All else falls by the wayside. How blessed we are to have such a strong heritage of love.

    Love you guys bunches. Leslie

    ReplyDelete