Monday, January 22, 2018


The Last Melon!

WELL this is the End of the line folks. Im actually at a loss for words. I tried to sit down and put together my thoughts last night and i just couldn't. I cannot say the smallest part that I feel. These two years truly have flown by and I dont know where the days have gone. Ive been spending more time thinking lately and I just came into this place yesterday. 

Its been a learning experience my whole mission and i think it will be a true my whole life remembering the simple fact that you'll be more happy if you just follow God and magnify your calling. Its something ive really seen the contrast of here. The days that you don't "thrust in your sickle 'with your might'" so to speak. are the days you come home dissatisfied. When we buckle down and do whats right even when its hard we feel Great.

Another lesson Ive learned is the importance of families. I know im only 20 years old and im still young but teaching to, with, and about eternal families has me so stoked to be with and have my own. NEVER take your family for granted,The saddest thing i ever saw was a broken family. Family prayer, scripture study, and home evening are Indispensable. Ive literally seen a Broken family healed through these simple actions. Whatever Jesus lays his hands on lives.

Repentance is a miracle. I thought I was pretty hot to trot before I came out. In fact those of you that knew me well knew that I felt like I was the king of my world and whatever i did was right. its really actually a less joyful way of life. This experience has taught me over and over that more times than not im actually wrong and have a need to listen. Ive been changed so much and corrected. Its not comfortable, In fact I dont know what the comfort zone really feels like anymore but it feels so AWESOME to think back on all the stupid stuff ive done and be able to be above it and say "thats not me anymore" 

One thing I LOVED about this experience is how much ive learned from my dad. I quote him ALL the time and Sometimes I don't even know it. lately I've been hung up on "God gave you two ears and One mouth so you can listen twice as much as you talk" I know its not originally his but he taught it to me. Learn from you parents and Grandparents they are GOLDMINES for experience. 

I could Go on for days, Ive learned so much from all of this and Ill never forget this place or this people. God Truely does love all of his children the same.

 I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that he is my savior. I know that This is his kingdom on the earth. I know the Book of Mormon is true. Most of all I know that God Hears every prayer. I know All of these things through prayer. I bear my testimony that theres a God above and if we will serve him he will fill us with love. I love all of you. and I leave this final missionary testimony with you, I know its all true, In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

And now I go to labor with my might this final week until I am brought forth triumphant through the air to meet you at the phoenix sky-harbor airport where I will be reunited with my family who will love me both when im quick and when im dead, amen.

Love you all, 

Elder Rhett Wilhelm





The Akon Family








The "Frenchman" and Wife





No comments:

Post a Comment