Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Kissing The Frog


There are times in a persons life that will try us to the point that we feel we are unable to bear. Those are the times that we find out just how blessed we really are to have such a strong person for a wife and mother. In just over a year since going back to school, and through this summer taking a pathophysiology course, we have learned to cut the fat in just about every area of our lives except around my waist (not gone yet). We are living with less, using less and relying heavily on the lord. Most importantly beyond that we are recognizing our own abilities more and leaning on each other for guidance and support. The Lord really does know what is most important to your family, and when the appropriate time to bring forth the blessings promised. Until then, it's kind of like kissing a frog and hoping he'll turn into a prince. We can only live by faith until the Lord sees fit to bless us with things promised. Until then we close our eyes and go for it, no matter how distasteful the task may be!

By the end of next semester in school I will have 94 credit hours and will continue toward a BS in Nursing unless a slot opens in the community college here, or a Banner Fellowship comes available. Until then I keep my shoulder to the wheel and push along. At any rate, my outlook for the future is always bright. If for only one reason........I'm not the one kissing the Frog!

On July 29, Jonna and I will celebrate our 16Th Anniversary together. How rewarding it is to have someone such as Jonna for my companion and Mother for our children. Her strength and willingness to "go and do", far exceeds the point that other women try to attain and fall short. Yet, every year Jonna kisses that same frog, with the hopes that someday......maybe this year the fog will make the transformation into the prince she deserves. I hope that I will not disappoint her.

I love you Babe!

Your prince of dreams
Your Frog at heart
Daryl

3 comments:

  1. My dear friend, you have missed your calling. You should definately be a writer. That was beautiful and inspirational. Who knew a goof could be so deep! I only call you a goof cuz I'm one too! Tell your wonderful family hello. We miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Froggy went a courtin' and he did ride... uh huh....

    I'm glad Jonna is there to take care of my big bro. It takes someone special to do that. AFter all, I couldn't!!! Tee hee :)

    ReplyDelete